Welcome Pat! Pat Burson is our newest addition to the Matlock team. Her years of experience as an award winning reporter and freelance writer make her the perfect fit as our Media Relations specialist. Pat received her B.A. in Journalism from Georgia State University. We asked a Pat a few questions about herself:
- If you could have any super power what would it be? Bionic hearing.
- What did you enjoy most about being a reporter? I enjoyed meeting and telling the stories of all types of people, especially those who felt marginalized, ignored, disregarded or misunderstood by the mainstream media or society as a whole.
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live and why? I was born here and, after being away for almost 20 years, it’s good to be home.
- Do you have any siblings? How many? I’m in a blended family and have three younger sisters, two older sisters and two older brothers.
- Describe yourself in 3 words: Tenacious, compassionate, humorous
- What movie are you most excited about seeing this year? I’m looking forward to catching up on “The Amazing Spider-Man” movies, especially #2 with Jamie Foxx as Electro
- What’s your favorite karaoke song? “Midnight Train to Georgia.” (Where’re my Pips?)
- Do you have any pets? Yes, a female cat named Cookie. Shout out to Cookie! Whoot! Whoot!
- What was one of the most significant life-changing moments in your life? While visiting Atlanta in May 2012, I fell down a hill during an intense game of hide-and-seek with the littlest members of my family and broke my right leg in five places. During my four-month recuperation, I met a man. In July 2013, he helped me pack up and leave Long Island, N.Y., bound for Atlanta. In April 2014, he asked me to marry him.