Join us in welcoming our newest addition, Penelope Wells! Penelope is our new Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Coordinator. We asked her a few questions about herself and here is what she had to say:
1. Where are you originally from? Born in New Jersey but grew up in a small town outside of Savannah, Georgia.
2. When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a professional baseball player. My grandfather introduced me to the game of softball at a very young age. Once mastered, I played competitive softball until about 10 years ago when I tore my ACL. Then it became a choice between softball and stilettos. Well, my heels won!
3. You’re stuck on a desert island, what three things would you make sure to have? A pot for boiling water, a fire starter and a machete. I’m all about survival.
4. What’s the #1 played song on your iPod or music player of choice? Anything and everything by Charlie Wilson. Yup, I’m old school, LOL
5. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? I wouldn’t. As a child I hated my 1st name (Penelope). Still today, not many people know my legal name. I always thought it sounded like the name for an old noisy lady so I always used my nickname (Penny) instead, even through college. It wasn’t until I became older that I grew to love it. Now I think “Penny” sounds childlike and I embrace “Penelope”, which to me is very elegant and classy. Besides my daddy named me and he’s gone now so I see it as a beautiful gift from him.
6. What is your favorite time (season) of the year and why? I adore winter. I love winter fashions like boots, coats, scarfs, hats, etc. I love to bundle up during the winter months. Or pull out my zebra print snuggy and curl up with a good book or movie and a hot cup of tea. I love that warm and fuzzy feeling.
7. If you could travel back in time, what advice would you give your younger self? There are not many things that I would change but if I had to pick one I’d say to go harder and be more outgoing. I wish that I had tapped into my entrepreneurial spirit sooner.
8. Do you want to tell us anything else? I am a professional makeup artist and stylist who just happens to have a degree in finance and I’ve been an entrepreneur for the past 8 years. As the proud owner of Penny Wells and Company, I provide a host of concierge services to the fashion, film and entertainment industry.