Welcome to the Team, James!
Join us in welcoming our new Account Supervisor, James Durrah! We asked him a few questions and here’s what he had to say:
1. What’s your favorite quote?
“It is always darkest just before the Day dawneth.” – Thomas Fuller
2. What’s the one dish you will never, ever, eat?
3. Who was your most influential schoolteacher? Why?
My high school AP literature teacher, Mrs. Ford. She was the first person that made me realize that I have to “play the game” as it relates to achieving higher education. As I grew older, I attributed that same quote to my general professional journey.
4. What is your favorite movie, why?
Is it bad that “B.A.P.S.” and “A Low Down Dirty Shame” are my favorite movies…EVER? LOL. They are just dumb enough to be super duper hilarious. They never get old to me. “Harlem Nights” is a close third. And, no, I can’t pick just one. LOL.
5. If you could have an actor play you in a movie, who would it be?
That’s tough. I don’t know who’d be able to get all of my “isms” down to a science since I’m such a goofy weirdo. Maybe Lance Gross since we’re kind of the same skin tone, and because he’s a fellow Bison.
6. Name three things on your bucket list.
- To retire by 50.
- To shoot a feature-film
- To do a fight scene in a movie (Don’t judge me, please. LOL. This has been my dream since I was a kid.)
7. Why did you decide to go into public relations?
I’m a bit of a (positive) manipulator when it comes to words and messaging, so it fits. Plus, I’ve always been creative and into media and technology; so it was kind of a no-brainer.
8. If you could have any super power what would it be?
Either telekinesis, or the ability to blow things up (like ‘Piper’ from “Charmed”…LOL!)
9. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be?