Associate Creative Director (ACD) - Copywriter
Department: Creative Department
Reports to: Founder & CEO
Summary of Major Functions:
The ACD will serve as a hands-on lead for agency creative projects. They will concept, write, direct, and/or execute strategic, engaging advertising, and marketing copy and collateral. The ACD will be responsible for the ideation and execution of campaign concepts through final delivery of projects. They will be responsible for strategically aligning creative concept with marketing strategy, technical specifications, planning and performance analysis.
The ACD will manage both internal and freelance team members working to ensure that the collaboration leads to well-developed concepts that meet client objectives.
Projects include but not limited to:
- Radio Scripts (broadcast and digital)
- Print Ads
- Annual Reports
- Logos/Identity Materials
- Directly manages Creative Services Manager, creative freelancers, and provides strong leadership and clear direction.
- Works with team to develop strategically sound marketing concepts.
- Provides new ways of approaching problems and solutions using existing technology.
- Able to articulate and lead the development of new technology to solve specific problems.
- Takes an active role in thinking about the client’s business, and consistently supports team success.
- Understands client’s business and brand and marketing objectives and proactively contributes to their evolution and success.
- Mentors and provides clear direction to freelancers.
- Responsible for maintaining daily communications with CEO, VP of Brand Group, and Creative Services Manager communicating status and concerns regarding project scope, and timelines.
- Responsible for oversight of time/budget management of team members.
- Possesses clear understanding of the Matlock vision, philosophy and workflow process, and is a contributor to their development.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 Years’ experience writing and concepting
- Experience creating African American targeted advertising/communications
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office (Apple platform), knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Calm, steady, flexible demeanor
- HTML skills desirable
- Very good people skills especially when interacting with clients.
- Ability to engage and influence.
- Detail oriented with an aptitude for problem solving.
- Experience working in a cross-functional team environment.